The activities of ARMBUSINESSBANK are aimed at ensuring access to finance for various groups of clients and introduction of advanced international practices in banking industry. Our mission is to contribute to the economic development of the country and prosperity of the society providing up-to-date and new digital banking services.
Being а leading digital bank in retail banking business is our priority. Thus, we shall become a bank of the future using financial innovations and modern technologies improving continuously our business conduct.
Along with meeting the expectations of our shareholders, employees and clients, the main goal sought by ARMBUSINESSBANK in the long-term perspective is to ensure the financial sustainability of the Bank and increase its market value.
Responsibility, loyalty, discipline, safety and transparency… These are the values that reflect the whole philosophy behind our activity. We appreciate also the professional workstyle inspired by the results of teamwork, in an atmosphere of mutual trust.
ARMBUSINESSBANK, which has been expanding its business for over 30 years, comes forth to customers with a full range of banking products and financial services. The history of the Bank dates back to 1991 when it was founded as “Arminvestbank” share bank. In 1994, “Arminvestbank” share bank was reorganized into “Arminvestbank” Closed Joint Stock Company and in 2006 was renamed to “ARMBUSINESSBANK” CJSC.
Since April 2007, the Head Office of “ARMBUSINESSBANK” CJSC is located at 48 Nalbandyan Street. The building is a valuable architectural monument that dates back to late 19th and early 20th centuries. In 1901, the building housed Regal Palace and Governor Treasure House (designed by architect Vasili Mirzoyan). In 1918, the edifice housed the Ministry of Finance of the First Republic. Later it became a hospital, and subsequently it again housed various administrative offices. In 1969, the building was handed over to the Ministry of Procurement of the Armenian SSR dealing with the issues related to agricultural production, procurement and raw materials storage. In September 2009, after about two years of construction works, ARMBUSINESSBANK officially opened the reconstructed edifice located in the very heart of our capital, where not only old values are preserved but also modern facilities are created to ensure high quality banking and provision of other banking services. Today, when three decades have passed after its foundation, ARMBUSINESSBANK comes towards to its customers as one of the leading companies
in the banking system of Armenia in terms of the volume of assets, loan portfolio, liabilities and deposit portfolio. To make financial mediation equally accessible to citizens living in different regions and communities of our country is a key issue for the Bank. Most of the Bank's branches are located in different regions of Armenia, and in Artsakh Republic. The Bank is a member of SWIFT, Money Gram, InteliExpress, Ria, Unistream international transfer systems, as well as of a number of payment systems. The Head Office of "ARMBUSINESSBANK" CJSC is located at 46, 48, Nalbandyan Street. The Bank has 54 branches (24 of them are in Yerevan, 26 in the regions of Armenia, and 4 in Artsakh). In addition, the Bank services more than 145 ATMs. As of September 30, 2022 The Bank staff is comprised of 1099 employees.
Achievements of the Bank
- INTERNATIONAL TECHNICAL ALLIANCE S.R.L. awarded the Bank with the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certificate, one of the highly reputed international standards in information security management.
- Due to the changes in the shareholders’ composition, “ARMBUSINESSBANK” CJSC chartered capital replenished in total in AMD 128 bln
- “Faster, stronger, harder” award from Visa international payment system granted to “ARMBUSINESSBANK” CJSC
- Launching VISA International and MasterCard Worldwide online payments acceptance system using 3D secure system
- In insurance industry, the Bank shifted to ASWA system /a unified system for concluding CMTPLI (APPA) contracts/.
- Migration from “ArCa” payment cards to “MasterCard Worldwide” and “VISA International” payment systems cards
- “ARMBUSINESSBANK” CJSC chartered capital replenished for AMD 5,407,500,000
- “ARMBUSINESSBANK” CJSC recognized "Best Exchange Member in Credit Resources Market" by NASDAQ OMX ARMENIA
- “ARMBUSINESSBANK” CJSC received “Best Bank” award from Commerzbank for ensuring distinguished quality in the international transfer orders via SWIFT international payment system
- In compliance with ISO 27001-2005 and CBA standards special server reserve centre was established
- The Bank received VISA International system full member status and proceeded with the process of issuing VISA Platinum and Infinite cards.
- Implementation of MOBILE-BANKING
- Implementation of INTERNET-BANKING
- Certification International (UK) Limited bestowed the Head Office and branch network on ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Certificate
- The Bank started issuing chip cards of MasterCard payment system and cards of VISA International payment system
- “ARMBUSINESSBANK” CJSC chartered capital replenished in K’ AMD 8.450.000
- The Bank launched currency exchange machines unparalleled in the local banking market
- The Bank became a member to ArCa CJSC for issuing and maintenance
- The Bank affiliated to S.W.I.F.T.
- The Bank was granted the status of a dealer in the state bonds market of Armenia
- Associated to the BankMail electronic payment system
- Affiliated to Armenia Bank Union
- Became shareholder of Yerevan Stock Exchange
- Banking License N 40 was granted to the Bank by the Central bank of Armenia
Rules of ethics
Updated 2022-09-07 17:08